Weber Q1400 Grill Review
Weber Q1400 Electric Grill
|Fully Assembled Out of Box|
|Cooking Surface||189 sq/inch|
If you grill at home, it is not always that the charcoal or gas grill is the best option for you. In fact, the Weber Q1400 grill is among the best grills in the market if you live in a small space such as an apartment. It promises an urban barbecue experience and gives you a chance to enjoy the atmosphere without leaving the comfort of your home.
It is also an option for those who want the best grilling experiences without the added burden if large standalone grills since it is compact enough to fit into smaller spaces. Here is a summary of the features that make it stand out from competing models.
- 1560-watt electric heating that heats a 189 square-inch area
Unlike many grills, this grill is used electric current as the sole fuel source. This does not limit its functionality, however; you can cook a wide variety of foods on this grill, all while maintaining the authentic taste of grilled food.
- Ergonomic design
The design of the grill is both sleek and comfortable, incorporating aspects such as the side handles, a large grip handle and control knobs as well as rear cradles.
- Porcelain-enameled cast iron grates and a cast aluminum body
The porcelain coat protects the cast iron grates from rust. It also makes them easy to clean and adds durability. The cast aluminum also performs the same function for the body, making it easy to clean.
The grill body also has aluminum linings that work very well in retaining heat, so that your hot food stays hot or you can warm your food with ease.
- Complete assembly
The grill is small, so the components are straightforward to assemble, even if you may lack experience in the area.
- Has an infinite control burner valve
Interpreting the grate-level temperature gauges is easy. Because the grill comes with the Weber Q1400 performance, the gauges ensure grilling activities with the lid up are easy and handy. They also have infinite controls, so you can set it to any temperature level you require.
- Removable catch pan
This is to prevent any drippings (especially since the grill is electric) while ensuring that you grill your food in the best conditions.
- 6-foot grounded cord
Cooking on the Q1400
What we like
- The grill is handy and convenient for smaller spaces, or if you cannot use charcoal or propane
- It is easy to remove the rack grates and drip tray to clean
- The grill is easy to maintain
- Has excellent heat distribution and has high heat capacity
- Its build is solid and steady
- Portability is easy because of its lightness
- It leaves no charcoal mess
What we did not like
- Tends to be more expensive than other grills, though this is a minor issue
- It is slow to heat
Maintaining the grill
- Season the grill by taking a clean, dry cloth, make it moist by adding grease or cooking oil, and then rub it on the top of the searing plates and the grates.
- Plug the grill in an outlet, switch it on and set the temperature to the highest point for about ten to fifteen minutes. This bonds the oil to the metal, so leave it for another fifteen minutes to finish the process.
- Turn off the power source and allow the grill to cool.
Cleaning the grill
It is very easy to maintain electric grills like this one because all you need to do is remove the drip tray and either dispose of it(if the model has disposable pans) or wash it together with the cooking grate.
If the grill does not have dishwasher-safe grates, just remove them and wash manually in warm, soapy water. Additional tips relating to the build of the grill (stainless steel) are below:
- Apply a light layer of high-heat cooking oil. This will maintain the seasoning on your grates, therefore protecting the surface.
- Ensure you remove the grill grates on a periodical basis, and clean the emitter plates regularly. This will eliminate any underlying debris.
- To keep up the appearance of the grill, wipe it with detergent (a mild one) and warm water. An alternative is using a stainless steel grill polish, which you can purchase separately.
- Ensure you examine the grill regularly and make sure there are no dust clogs or insects.
Final thoughts on the Q1400
If you have a choice, it is better to go for gas grills. If you can only buy an electric grill, then the Weber Q1400 is a good option, though it may disappoint you if you are expecting the convenience of gas or charcoal grills.